Loulou at louloureads nominated me for the Liebster Award. I certainly feel honored, so thank you Loulou. I will answer the 11 questions she posted first and then I will post 11 new questions. I am not going to tag anyone, but if you want to do it, do it. Put a link to your post in the comments and I will go and check it out.
1. If you could have a dinner party with any five celebrities who would they be and why?
I don’t think I even know 5 celebrities…so I’m going to go with 5 authors instead…except they’re all dead. So, I’m just going to tell you which 5 deceased authors I’d like to have resurrected so that I could have a dinner party with them.
- Roald Dahl – because he was my childhood idol
- Hans Christian Andersen – because I need to know where he gets his beautiful but disturbingly dark stories from
- Jonathan Swift – because his Gulliver’s Travels remains the greatest satirical work I’ve ever read. Deeply intelligent satire is a rare thing.
- Eva Ibbotson – along with Dahl, Ibbotson was my favorite fantasy author as a child
- Herman Melville – Melville unfortunately died in obscurity and needs recognition for his beautiful and powerful Moby-Dick. Also, I want to learn about his friendship with Nathaniel Hawthorne and about his time in Nantucket.
3. Where is your favourite place to go on holiday, and why would you recommend it to others?
I went to Arizona a few summers ago. The mountains and deserts left a great impression on me. Who knew that wood could become petrified?! If you ever go to Arizona, be sure to check out Petrified Forest National Park.
4. What do you think makes a great blogger?
A great blogger is someone who blogs consistently (unlike me) and is not afraid of doing something new in the blogosphere even if he/she initially gets 2 followers because of it. Those 2 followers have friends.
5. Starter or dessert?
I don’t know what a starter is (I’m an ignorant American), so I will go with the dessert. My favorite dessert is mint chocolate chip ice cream
6. Which book character would you like to meet in real life?
I can’t decide between Ishmael from Moby-Dick or Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables.
7. If you had to go to a fancy dress party, who would you go as?
I would go as the Spanish Inquisitor from the Monty-Python sketch (a hilarious sketch you should watch A.S.A.P.)
8. If you could time travel, would you go to the future or the past?
The past. 14th century medieval France. First I would attend a mystery play (which I suspect would be far from tame…or lady-like) and then buy bread from a bakery because for some reason I have an obsession with the concept of a medieval bakery.
9. What is your favourite board game?
Chutes and Ladders.
10. If you were on a desert island and could only ring one person to save you, who would it be?
A search and rescue team member
11. Who is your favourite animated character?
- If you could monitor a debate on any topic of your choice with any 5 historical figures of your choice, what topic and which historical figures would you choose?
- Favorite quote?
- A book you want to reread and a book you wish you could unread.
- What is your definition of a good blogger?
- What is your favorite historical time period and why?
- If you could do anything you wanted to improve high school literature courses in your home country, what would you do?
- Favorite film adaptation of a book?
- If you could write anything (maybe you are a writer) what type of literature would you write?
- Favorite and least favorite literary character
- What does being “well-read” mean to you?
- What is you ideal vacation spot?